Most best induction cooktop are impressive gadgets that provide insanely fast heating and precision heat settings coupled with cool to the touch cook features with auto power and auto pan features. Most decisions regarding the choice of cooktops is almost always down to individual preference and specific needs of the consumer.
However, certain features make the various induction cooktops differentiated. These differentiations are the thin line between an average product and a truly great product. Most great induction cooktops have certain salient features that have the ability to enhance user experience through great interface. Some of these features include;
- Greater power; A 2300-watt induction cooktop produces more power than, say, an 1800-watt one thus reducing cooking time. To add to this, a cooker that has more power settings, for example one that can move from 1300-Watt to 1800-watt through 25 degree changes is more suited to precision cooking than an induction cooktop with less power settings.
- Safety and security features; A truly great induction cooker should have enhanced security and safety features such as auto power and auto pan feature to guard against accidents that may result from human error. Automatic voltage regulators are also necessary to protect against overheating which may result to damage of the appliances, or in worse case scenarios, fire outbreaks leading to lose of property and life
- Cool to the touch surface/handle features; This is essential to prevent burns among users and young children. This is an essential feature as most accidents that happen in the kitchen involve children being burned by hot metallic surfaces
- Other salient features include
Based on this, I did a quick research on the best induction cooktop currently in the market and managed to come up with the following top products;
- GE PHP9036SJSS Profile 36″ Stainless Steel Electric Induction Cooktop
According to reviewers, this 3700-watt, eleven-inch burner induction cooktop offers an impressive array of combined quality and value. It has 5 heating elements of different sizes comprising of a six inch, an eight inch a nine inch and two seven inch. It is available only in all black and a variation of all black comprising of stainless steeltrim. The 3700-watt worth of power makes it cooking, heating and boiling of water a very quick affair. This has made the GE PHP9036SJSS a popular induction.
- Secura 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner
Duxtop Induction Cooktop comes in various colors but is mostly found in black or gold. It uses the standard 120 volts of electricity meaning it can be use in virtually every typical home; The Secura 8100MC is made of Lightweight material and is thus very convenient in handling and storage. It has an enhanced auto-cookware detection whereby the cooktop shuts down if no pan is placed within one minute. It has an LED illuminated control panel and digital built in timer that increases by 1 minute until a maximum of 170 minutes. It has an impressive ten power setting that enables precision cooking and allows for tasks that are specialized such as frying. A downside is the fact that one requires the right type of best induction cooktop cookware that is compatible with the cooktop. This might limit individuals who lack this cookware from using this cooktop. Alternatively, one will be forced to incur extra charges I acquiring this cookware. The Secura 8100MC however remains one of the best induction cooktop in the market at the moment.
- True Induction TI-2B Counter Inset Double Burner Induction Cooktop
This is the ultimate cooktop for limited spaces such as small kitchens and RVs. The 1800-watt cooktop can be powered by 110 volts’ electricity which is also a standard in most homes and offices. The surface is German made ceramic and contains no contours or crevices thus making it easy to use and clean. It is compct and lightweight thus handling is all the easier. A popular feature with this cooktop is the power sharing technology whereby one cooker can use up to the full 1800 watts of power while the other is turned off but will use 1000 watts if the other is turned on and is using 800watts. The True Induction TI-2B is equipped with 10 power settings.
It is thus advisable that one examines their individual needs before making the decision on what best induction cooktop since certain types, though good, may not adequately cover an individual’s specific need.