Introducing a pet into your home is nothing less than a major responsibility. A pet, be it a dog or any other animal, has to be considered the part of your family and you must pay close attention to their needs and wants in a proper manner. You should pet a dog only if you are ready to bear the responsibility of its well-being along with the incurring expenses associated with their upbringing. This is why the owners are advised to possess complete information regarding the dog which they plan on buying, so that in the future that dog need not be left in some shelter home or outside on the roads only because its masters grew weary of him and could not meet the financial demands of their pet. This is not only unfair but also illegal to some extent. One must carry only those responsibilities that they deem themselves able for.
German shepherd buyers, pay attention!
Therefore, go through the following article in order to build an extensive understanding regarding the famous dog breed named German shepherd before you get one home for yourself. The reader must keep in mind that household pets require a greater amount of care and love from their family members which are fundamental for their emotional well-being. And so is the case with the German shepherd dogs. So refer to the article below for a Total German Shepherd insight.
Why choose a German shepherd?
Often people think a lot before they go with a particular dog breed since each one possesses peculiar features and drawbacks and one must be acquainted with all of them. So below are listed some of the features of the German shepherd breed and some necessary steps that are to be followed for handling your beloved German shepherd in an efficient manner. Go through these pointers:
- Timely grooming is a must: The German shepherd dogs like themselves maintained and properly groomed on a weekly basis. They must be kept clean and tidy regularly. Their hair must be trimmed from time to time. They should be treated as a member of your family which makes them equally eligible for physical freshening.
- Playing sessions make them happy: A Total German Shepherd loves to spend time while playing with the owners. They require to be trained daily and must be exercised for a specific number of hours every day. Further, the masters must cuddle them regularly and they must convey their love for the dog via playing and fondling. As far as the medical supervisions are concerned, the owner must take their German shepherd for a monthly heartworm administration to the local vet and get them treated for the same.
- Give them their share of love: What transforms a dog into your pet? It is your love and affection. Even though this breed is strong and muscular, it does not mean that such dogs need lesser compassion from their masters rather a German shepherd is very gentle and touchy for the care they receive and their mechanisms are entirely dependent upon that. Do not deprive your dog of friendliness and warmth by limiting their presence as a guard to your belongings.
- Do not let them close to children: Owing to the brawny built and great size of this breed, a Total German Shepherd does not get along with children. They do not perform well as a playmate for them and you should not leave your kids alone with them. Consequently, it is advisable for a house with children to go for some other breed rather than a German shepherd for avoiding any mishaps.
- Solid-natured breed requires a strong master: Those who are weak at heart and mind must not buy a German shepherd. They must be guided by an athletic master who would ensure that their dog is being trained in the best of ways. They should be able to bring out the best of their dogs’ abilities as German shepherds are known for their hunting prowess along with their strong bodies.
- Train your dog with proper skills: The German shepherds possess powerful instincts and their owners must be aware of that quality. In absence of a holistic training, your dog is likely to reciprocate in unfavorable ways which will lead to nothing but complications and a hard time with your pet. So train them regularly with forceful exercises.
- They can be a mess sometimes: Do not go with this breed if you are concerned about the cleanliness in your home. These dogs have a habit of shedding their hair by blowing themselves off which leads to a pile of hair being accumulated at corners in your home.
- Recommended breed for spacious households only: Naturally a big dog like the German shepherd would require space and a room for that matter. If you do not have plenty of space in your home, then stop considering this breed as your option for a pet.
Overhead expenses for a Total German shepherd
For buying a German shepherd puppy you must have a budget of 80 thousand to 1.03 lacs but this rate might vary from place to place and also with the seller that you are choosing to buy from. In case you want to mature German shepherd then the amount would escalate further. The puppy will have the all the vaccinations in place and one must have it properly registered along with its health certificate. There are a lot of varieties in this breed as well. They come in different colors and sizes and their rates depend on such characteristics. There are a lot of expenses associated with the overall looking after of this breed which sums up the fact that a Total German Shepherd is quite expensive for a common household. But if you will buy one from a shelter home instead of a breeder then you can have a cheaper bargain for a similar dog. So keep these things in mind and then come up with a decision.